ListWise

Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Grate Roundup

I soaked the two antique heater grates in a stiff solution of water and TSP for about a week. When I took them out most of the paint had already fallen off. What little remained was then blasted off by the house. A little residue remained in some of the tight corners, but it wasn’t too big of a deal to scrape out by hand.

Last night I spray painted them with the same green paint I used on my stools. They really came out great. Today I put them on the house as my new foundation vents. I don’t have any shots of them on the house, but here is a before and after stripping.

Also, I switched to Blogger Beta, or is it the New Blogger. I’m not sure, but I do know that I can’t seem to access many of the comments that were posted the past few days, but thanks to all for the kind words.




2 comments:

Poppy said...

Very nice grates!

I've been thinking about switching to the Beta Blogger as well but I have this terrible feeling that something will go wrong and I'll lose posts or photos or something...yeah, I'm a chicken!

Anonymous said...

Those grates look very, very nice. You did a lovely job on them. I'd love to see how they look once you put them in.