ListWise

Saturday, September 02, 2006

And it's cat by a nose!

If you own 1 cat you are hopelessly average. Six people chose “Other” as the type of pet they own. I’m dying to know what those are. After giving it a lot of thought, I realize I didn’t put chicken on the list. Maybe that’s the ‘other’. To be honest, I don’t consider livestock as pets, and after I made the poll I regretted putting donkeys and horses on the list. It’s not that they don’t make fine pets, it’s just that you really don’t share your home with them.

I guess the results aren't too surprising. Dogs and cats were the strong leaders. There was a brief time around Wednesday or Thursday when I thought Dogs were going to overtake Cats. I didn’t check all the time, but I don't think cats ever fell out of first place throughout the entire week. I was happy to see a turtle owner out there. I’ve always had a soft spot for turtles.

With this weeks poll we get back to the basics – Home Improvement Projects. Specifically, Which Projects Do You Like The Least. At first I was going to make it a single selection poll. That is to say, you would have only gotten one choice to choose your least favorite type of project. After I created the poll, though, I had trouble picking my own least favorite. There are too many to choose from, and too many of them could easily be my least favorite at any given time.

So with that in mind, I decided to make this a multiple choice poll. There is nothing to stop you from choosing every item on the list as your least favorite, but that would defeat the purpose of the poll. This is all very scientific and it’s imperative that the results be accurate {cough}. So please limit your selection to your top three…..or, I guess that should be bottom three. Choose your 3 least favorite types of projects to do.

The new poll is in the sidebar and below are the results from last weeks poll questions. Below that is a gratuitous cat shot in honor of the winner from last weeks poll question.


How Many Pets Do You Share Your Home With


Select The Type of Pets You Live With


14 comments:

Greg said...

Of course! Those are all good choices, well, except maybe hedgehogs? Do people keep those as pets.

And now that I think about it, I could have added ferrets to the list.

Anonymous said...

I was one of the "others". Unfortunately we don't have anything very exotic. It's just that I couldn't find rat on your list. Ours is a very nice two color rat belonging to my daughter. I like it better than I thought I would. We also have a dog and cat (which I indicated). These are good reasons for the rat to live in a cage.

Anonymous said...

Yup, you forgot guinea pigs. Three of them here. I think Hedgies are more common as a pet across the pond. Sorry I'm anon. but I'm not cool like you with a blog to chronicle all the improvements on my little house. Maybe when I'm not so busy! Thanks for the encouragement you give by sharing your daily progress!

SmilingJudy said...

Ah, Mort. I wonder if "light" qualifies as Stuff On My Cat.

Greg said...

Oh, come on Anonymous, if I can have a blog filled with type-os and pointless observations, then anyone can.

Daisy said...

What, no rabbits? We have two (it was three until the oldest died a few weeks ago).

Jennifer said...

Greg,

Yes. I chose 'other' for my hedgehog and baby ball python. :)

Although I think you should have another one: How many cats and dogs.

Greg said...

A hedgehog for a pet?! I feel so 'out of the loop'. I even had to Google 'hedgehog' because I couldn't picture one. Do they make good pets?

Jocelyn said...

I would love to have a de-scented skunk for a pet. How mad cap would it be to have a skunk in your house or take him for a walk? Only maybe descenting is cruel-I don't know.

In my house we often joke about having a monkey or a skunk. Was parrot on your list? I'm sure it was.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The turtle is mine. His name is Sal short for Salmonella (Sp?) He's a red eared-slider. He's really cool. We keep his food in the cabinet over his tank and whenever someone reaches up to open the cabinet door, he throws himself against the side of the tank and tries to climb up the glass all excited. He's pretty darn smart as far as turtles go.
It's nice to know that you too have a soft spot for turtles cause it only confirms that you are one totally cool guy.

Anonymous said...

my other was a rabbit. He thinks he is a cat as he constantly tries to mount the kittens.

Derek said...

We have a skunk under our garage, I don't consider it a pet though. It likes to spray pets though, especially the neighbours dog, it has sprayed him twice.

Jennifer said...

Greg,

They are prickly, of course, but they are really easy to feed (high-end cat food and veggies, the occassional cricket or bug.) And they are litter trainable, too, which is nice!

The hedgehogs that you can buy in the States for pets are African Hedgehogs. They come in lots of colors, including albinos.

Greg said...

I had no idea.