ListWise

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Blogging My Frustration

Today I cut, planed, trimmed and glued the boards for the doors under the sink. I want to do a scroll design at the bottom of the doors and I’m getting a little frustrated coming up with a design. Drawing is not one of my strong points. Someplace I have an old copy of Adobe Illustrator, but I’m not sure where it is and it would probably take hours to install it and remember how to use it. I’ve been trying something in MS Paint, but that isn’t going well at all.

The idea is that I come up with a design on paper and transfer that to a piece of plywood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). I then use that as a template to cut the design on the 2 doors. This way you get identical designs on the 2 doors. But first I need the design on paper. Ugh!

I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now back to the drawing board.

Edit

(In your worst British accent)
By Joe, I think I've got it!

I have some scraps of the 1X8 crown molding I used on the Frankenstein Hutch. I traced the profile at the corner of a piece of paper and tomorrow I will use Xerox machine to enlarge it to the right size. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.